Welcome to the JH games forums!

To play all of our games and become a part of our vibrant community of friendly people, please register an account by pressing the "register" button at the top right-hand corner of the page.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  Home  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Moderators  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Weekly Updates - 15th May 2011

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jack

Chatbox Moderator

Chatbox Moderator

Forum Tokens : 1000014986

PostSubject: Weekly Updates - 15th May 2011   Mon May 16, 2011 12:11 am

Updates - 15th May 2011

Alot has been happening over the past week regarding JH games studios: 3 new games, new forums, 2 new staff, website in development and generally it's been busy! However, I've made a few minor updates which I am sure you will like.

ScrathScape passwords

After playing ScratchScape with a friend it became painstakingly clear that people could easily steal your password as you were typing it in. The problem was that once you had typed it in it was on show to everyone for about 5 seconds. If it was fairly short it would be easy to remember, copy and change. So, I have added a new encrypting feature to the password system. All passwords you enter will undergo a series of mathematic sums to come out with a 12 - 20 digit number that will be displayed instead. These numbers are almost impossible to copy as the time the passwords are displayed for has also been dramatically reduced.

All-in-all this should prevent people from stealing your passwords and accounts. If you have any problems with this update please send me an email at Jackary3@live.co.uk.

New Staff Member

If you have not already noticed we've recruited a new staff member - Matthew elcock. He will be working as assistant head graphics designer and assistant games developer. We all wish him the best of luck with his new position and hopefully we will be seeing some great games from him in the near future. Check Matty's corner to see any future developments by him and have a chat!

Jack,
Forum Administrator

Last edited by Jack on Sat May 28, 2011 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jhgamesforums.forumotion.co.uk
Jack

Chatbox Moderator

Chatbox Moderator

Forum Tokens : 1000014986

PostSubject: Re: Weekly Updates - 15th May 2011   Sat May 28, 2011 12:29 am

Moved to old updates
Back to top Go down